Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Silenced

I spoke her name with a subtle breath,
There were things I refused to say aloud.
No proclamation of love from the top of the hill,
I tried to scream there was no sound.
It was not that I wanted to keep her hidden,
No chance in hell that I wasn't proud.
I was locked up and loaded down by the past,
Plus the world knew too much of me now.
I didn't see it I said, but that was a lie,
For the guilt inside kept me breathless.
Silenced and shamed by my failing past life,
I really needed my soul to feel restless.
I saw the hurt on her face and the tear in her eye,
Then I knew what had to be done.
I screamed it aloud for the whole world to hear,
"This is my girl, and she is the one."

No comments:

Post a Comment