Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fox

Since I have touched on my divorce I feel like I should talk about the best thing that came out of my 6 year marriage, my son Fox Rocket. Yes, that's his name and no, his mother and I aren't crazy hippies. We just wanted to name him something that every child dreamed of and every grandparent hated. We did have a temporary fallout with one relative over the name but have since made up. Anyway, Fox was born on May 3, 2012 at Greenville Memorial Hospital at 9:23AM by Caesarean section. After 30 hours of uneventful induced labor, my ex, Amber wasn't even dilated 1 centimeter. I never thought I would see someone jump so fast at the chance to be cut open and have a baby forcefully extracted from her abdomen. That made me the only one that was nervous. To make a long story short, he was born, I cried for at least an hour and my life changed immediately. I've never experienced a joy so immense and seen God's hand on this world so clearly. My soul was shaken and returned to my body all within one hour. He looked like an angel and I looked like a man who hadn't slept in days. So here I am, 36 years old, a few months from divorce, and a single dad. I live with my mom and work at a place where I am underpaid and under appreciated.  But I do have a wonderful son and I must say I am a good dad. Much better than my own, which is nice because that was my only vow to the sky when I saw his face for the first time. I live and breathe in his every essence and as he changes daily so does this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment